Today I will live in the moment. Unless the moment is unpleasant...in which case I shall nap.
Have you ever tried to meditate? In can be very good for you! The benefits of meditation are greatest when practiced daily. Ideally, meditation can be done first thing in the morning upon rising and then again at the end of the day, preferably before bed.
I love to start my day feeling centered and balanced so I take 5 minutes upon waking to meditate. And I often think of my evening meditation as a “stress release,” allowing any stress or tension from my day to simply drift away and leave my body.
I love listening to my WHOLETONES music while meditating. It helps to keep me focused and prevents less mind wandering. Everyone will have to find their own method of meditation. Just find what is right for you and find what feels good.
To begin meditation:
1. Find a quiet, comfortable spot.
2. Play music if you desire.
3. Clear your mind and set a clear intention - this will take practice. (Example: I intent to live the most beautiful live possible. With harm to none and benefit to all.)
4. Eliminate distractions - blow your nose, go to the bathroom and for goodness sake's leave your phone in another room.
5. Sit tall - Inhale, roll your shoulders up to your ears and then exhale and roll them back to normal position.
6. Close your eyes.
7. Pay attention to your breath. Follow your breath in and out.
8. Give yourself time to learn this - start with 2 minutes and work your way up from there.
9. Allow movement - Not everyone is a hard core yogi. It will take time to sit comfortably for extended periods of time.
10. This isn't a torture session - it you need to stop because you just can't get into it at that moment, then stop.
This will take practice - give yourself time and don't be so hard on yourself
Meditation can also help you:
Lose weight Improve communication and relationships Reduce anxiety and depression Overcome addiction Sharpen your thinking Master your emotions
Give it a try - you have nothing to lose except maybe 5 minutes of your time. :)